In support of the UN’s initiative to eliminate Violence Against Women and Girls across the globe, SATEDA are once again running their ‘Wear Orange’ campaign to raise awareness of the global issue of Domestic Violence, and to raise money to help us address local issues.
On November 25th 2016 we invite you, your colleagues, friends and family to wear orange in recognition of the issue of VAWG across the world and donate £1 each to SATEDA. This £1 will go directly towards supporting young people affected by VAWG in the local area through the MySpace programme.
But why stop at wearing orange? Make the most of this opportunity for some festivity and try some other fund-raising activities:
- You could hold a bake sale where the theme is of course orange flavour/colour cakes. Think carrot cake, orange and polenta cake and copious amounts of orange food colouring! (Moat Housing did a splendid job of this last year)
- Have an office sponsored orange-peeling event! How many oranges can you peel in 2 minutes? Ask people to donate 50p per orange and get practicing!
- Host a dinner party where only orange food is allowed! Ask people to pay £10 and cook them an orangey feast!
- Get your school to have an orange non-uniform day.
- Simply get your whole work place involved and put up posters and have one of our donation pots to raise money from visitors and customers.
- Anything else that will raise the profile of VAWG and/or raise money for SATEDA
- Tweet at us to help spread the word #wearorangeday
Donations can be made in cash direct to SATEDA (please let us know if you would like one of our Orange donation pots), via this special Just Giving page or by texting ORNG16 followed by your donation amount to 70070.
Download one of these posters to help you publicise your activities:
Thank you for standing with us and saying NO to Violence Against Women and Girls. Lets paint the town, er…ORANGE!