Power to Change programme with SATEDA
We run this project in Swale, thanks to the funding received from People’s Health Trust.
P2C is the next supportive step a woman needs after she completed the Freedom Programme. It is run specifically for survivors of domestic abuse and it is based on the idea women working together in a safe, friendly and non-judgemental environment can change their lives for the better.
The programme is a 2-hours session which runs weekly for 14 weeks. P2C is a rolling programme and women can join at any time.
What happens during sessions?
· discuss topics of interest together
· try and change patterns of behaviour learned within abusive relationship
· become more aware of women basic rights
· build your self-esteem, self-determination and empowerment
· feel able to take the initiative and contribute to the sessions’ delivery and development
· take part in fun projects
· extend your friends network and reduce your isolation
Thoughts from previous participants:
“Positive conversations and empowering has really impacted on my thought processes”
“I start to believe that my opinion is worth something”
“’The Bill of Rights makes me see things in a different light, it has made me feel positive of what I have to do”.
To refer into this service, please use the ‘contact us’ form and we will be in touch.
People’s Health Trust is an independent charity addressing health inequalities across Great Britain. It works closely with each Community Interest Company distributing grants. http://www.peopleshealthtrust.org.uk