Want to challenge yourself to do something out of the ordinary this year? Want to raise some money for a worthy cause at the same time? Challenges are a fantastic way to support SATEDA.
Keep one of our charity collection boxes in your work place, do a sponsored swim, host a bake sale, climb a mountain, shave your head, run 10k, bathe in beans or shower in custard! There are lots of ways you and your colleagues, family and friends could raise some funds whilst having fun.
Asking for sponsors as you undertake a personal challenge, not only helps you stay motivated and on track, but it also helps us to take the incredible women we support on a journey of healing once they’ve escaped domestic abuse. That’s what we call a win-win scenario.
Take part in a Challenge either as an individual or as a team in five simple steps:
- Decide on your challenge. The possibilities are endless, so we’d love to hear your ideas. Lacking inspiration? See our list of ideas below.
- Set up your Just Giving page, selecting SATEDA as your chosen charity. Or do it the old fashioned way and give us coins, notes or cheques!
- Let us know what you’re doing using the contact page and we will help you promote your fundraising activity and add you to our list of Challengers!
- Promote your Challenge to your friends and family. Use the hashtag #Challenge2021 and tag us on social media (@satedacharity)
- Download this support pack to help you promote your activity and gather support
- Tough Mudder, for the toughest Challengers!
- Use this website to find your outdoor challenge
- Want to take your challenge to the next level and go overseas? This website can help.
- Walk/cycle to work every day for a month (if you normally drive)
- Sponsored knit-a-thon
- Sponsored hair dying or removal from head, face, back, legs etc
- Swear jar
- Go without your mobile phone/tablet for a week or month
- Give up chocolate/cake/alcohol [insert enjoyable thing here] for a month
- Set yourself a sponsored workout goal for the next month
For groups (schools, work places, besties, etc):
- A concert or performance
- Quiz night!
- Baking contest
- Bag packing at a supermarket – how many bags per hour can you do?
- Sports competitions
Some of Our Challengers
We are also rounding up London Marathon runners for 2022 – if you are interested in taking part please email email@example.com!