Our Support 2 Court team can support you through the court process from beginning to end.
We’re here to give you practical guidance and emotional support so you don’t have to face the courts alone.
We can explain the court process to you, help you fill out court forms and paperwork, and guide and advise you to present your case in court to the best of your ability for a fair and just outcome.
We can also act as McKenzie friends, and attend as many of your court hearings as you need us to, if we are free.
A McKenzie Friend is someone who understands the court process and is able to assist when you may find yourself in a court process that you do not fully understand and have not engaged a solicitor. In this case the law describes you as a ‘litigant in person’, which is someone who is on their own in the court process.
A McKenzie friend becomes your guide through the court process. They have knowledge of the court process, which will include the completion and the filling of the initial application.
- They will have knowledge of the language used by the legal system, and will be able to assist you in writing a statement, and analysing statements that other people have written.
- They will give you advice on responses to give and what to say and more importantly what not to say.
- They will, if needed attend court with you and advise and assist you throughout the hearing.
- They will also assist when dealing with solicitors or any other professional party outside the court room.
- They cannot speak directly to the court unless permission is given, but they can advise you on the responses you give to the court.
Information from themckenziefriend.co.uk
We support women as McKenzie friends through the family court only.
- Non Molestation Orders
- Occupation Orders
- Child Arrangement Orders
- Prohibited Steps Orders
- Specific Issue Orders
Yes, all the services we provide to women and children are free.
Interested in Support 2 Court?
Please do not send confidential information, whether you’re inquiring for yourself or someone else. Someone from our team will contact you as soon as possible to discuss your query in confidence. We may call from a withheld number.
Please note, for your safety, you won’t receive email confirmation of your enquiry.